Montreal* Parmesan Chicken
- chicken breasts (fresh or frozen, bone-in or boneless, your choice, but skinless for either one)
- 2 Tbsp
- mccormick montreal chicken seasoning..enough to cover each breast with a good layer…
- 2 Tbsp
- softened butter (or margarine, if you prefer) in something you can squeeze it onto chicken (old mustard bottle works great, or just do what i do and buy the parkay squeezable margarine for cooking)
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1 1/2 c
- panko (whichever flavor you like, but i prefer the herb & garlic kind)
- 2 tsp
- oil for drizzling
FREEZING FOR LATER: 35 minutes if you plan to cool/freeze it for use later (less cook-time now means a better taste when you cook it again the night you serve it)
READY TO SERVE: 45-50 minutes if you’re eating it immediately BUT REMEMBER all ovens are different! If your chicken isn’t “done” cook it some more, but don’t just go by brownness of coating: cut it open and check the inside. No PINK allowed!
To use chicken after partial cooking, don’t thaw it again; put it straight into a hot oven for 30-45 minutes or so, and it should thaw and finish cooking.
For best results, freeze each breast individually after partial cooking, either by wrapping each one in foil* or using separate bags/bowls for each. Since you’re not going to thaw it again before final cooking, by separately freezing each one, you can place them on your baking sheet easier. *Make SURE you open the foil packs completely when you place them in the oven, or your crust will be gummy. :(