Mexican Chicken Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 large
- bag of tortilla chips or doritos
- 1 large
- jar of green salsa or tomatillo sauce
- 4 c
- grated cheddar or monterrey jack cheese
- roasted chicken or 2 large chicken breasts cooked
- sour cream and chopped green onions (optional)
1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 Pyrex dish and generously cover the bottom with crushed tortilla chips.
2Debone and shred cooked chicken; spread over chips. Cover with at least 2 cups (I usually buy the tomatillo sauce in at least a pint container); then cover heavily with the cheese.
3Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes or until bubbly. You can make this ahead of time since the chips are supposed to dissolve with the salsa and make a type of crust; therefore, it doesn't matter if they get soft!
4If you are a sour cream lover (which I am), a dollop of sour cream and some chopped green onions on top make it a pretty presentation.