Mexican Chicken and peppers
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- boneless, skinless, chicken breast ( about 1/4 pound each )
- 4 tsp
- vegeable oil
- medium onion, sliced
- medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- medium yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 c
- chunky salsa or chipotle salsa
- lime edges ( optional )
- 4 tsp
- mexican seasonings* ( recipe to follow )
1Mexican seasoning.- If mexican seasoning is not avaliable , substitute 2 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper.
2Sprinkle mexican seasoning over both sides of the chicken, set aside
3Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4Add bell peppers, cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, Stir salsa and lime juice into vegetables.
5Push vegetables to the edge of the skillet. Add chicken to the skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender.
6Transfer chicken to a serving plate, top with vegetable mixture. Garnish with lime wedges.