Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 c
- cubes of bullion, or 4 cups of chicken (or beef) broth and 2 cups of water
- 3 c
- long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 c
- vermicelli, uncooked (broken into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 pkg
- lipton onion soup mix, or
- 1 medium
- onion, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic, crushed, or 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning (i use schilling)
- 2 c
- cooked, cubed beef, or chicken (use same one as the bullion or broth you are choosing) (optional)
- 1 1/2 c
- mixed vegetables; carrots, peas, etc. (optional)
1Melt butter in the bottom of a electric skillet or a huge frying pan. Add onion and saute. Add soup mix or seasoning. Mix well until dissolved.
2Stir in rice and vermicelli. Stir over medium high heat until rice and pasta are lightly browned. Set aside.
3Boil water, add boullion or broth and stir until dissolved, or add broth. Bring to boil again. Add rice, vermicelli mixture (and meat and vegetables if you want them) and stir.
4Cover and cook (medium high heat) for about 18 minutes or until rice has little funnel holes and is tender. Wait the 18 minutes before checking because rice loses what flavor it has, and doesn't cook properly if you let the steam out. Fluff with a fork and serve.