Hearty Chicken Soup & Dumpling Bake (no canned)
Thanks, Carla, for the inspiration!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- (half) the meat from a rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 c
- (half stick) butter, melted
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 4-6 clove
- garlic, minced or pressed
- herbs: tarragon & savory is what i used, plus few shakes pepper
- (about 1 c.) shredded pumpkin (optional: could leave out or replace with other veggie: like thinly sliced carrot)
- (about 1 1/2 c.) peas
- 3-4 c
- chicken broth (i use "better than bullion" from costco)
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- 3 tsp
- baking powder
- italian seasoning (basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, garlic)
DRY DUMPLING INGREDIENTS:
Serve in bowls, spooning broth on top of dumplings.
It is kinda like chicken soup with tasty biscuits on top. I had shredded mozzarella out so people could sprinkle on top, but it was too tasty by itself, so no one tried the cheese.
I found it almost a little too salty, but everyone else said it was just right.