Deep Fried Chicken in French Fryer
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4-6 boneless or bone-in, skin on or off, chicken breasts, or a whole chicken
- 1 - 2 pkgs crushed ritz crackers
- 2 eggs beaten, with 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- salt, pepper, paprika,tumeric,onion powder to taste
- 1 - 2 qts cooking oil to withstand high heat
1Soak chicken in cold salt water overnight in the refridgerator, covered with plastic wrap.
The next day, drain water off chicken, and pat dry with paper towelling.
In 3 separate medium sized bowls, (1)ritz cracker crumbs (crushed), (2) Flour with spices mixed in, (3)egg and milk mix).
2Dip chicken breast in egg mixture, then flour mixture, then egg mixture again, then roll into cracker mix. Deep Fryer should be heated to 350 degrees, with 2 to 3 quarts of cooking oil, then increase to 425 degrees. Cook 2 breasts at a time in fryer for 20 minutes, or until golden brown crispy, remove from fryer and drain on plate covered with paper towel. Keep in warm oven at 200 degrees till ready to serve. Continue cooking remaining breasts as listed above. If using whole chicken frying time is less.
3Chicken is great served with your favorite green vegetable, beets, or cranberry sauce, and/or home fried potatoes. Mom used to include biscuits with honey butter, and for dessert a homemade peach or apple pie.