creamy dill chicken
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- chicken. bone in or out, skinless or with skin, light or dark, the choice is yours.
- 1 qt. whipping cream
- dill weed, i prefer fresh but dried or frozen will work
- salt and pepper to taste
- couple tbsp. flour in 1/4 cup cold water for slurry
- few tbsp. oil for browning chicken
- 1 cup water
- please note: you can use any amount of chicken and cream just adjust so cream covers chicken. also means less gravy!!!!!
1Salt and pepper chicken pieces(i like to use skinless boneless chicken breast,but great with any.) Brown in large heated skillet with the oil, until nice and brown.
2Add l cup water and let steam, on high, uncovered until chicken is tender and water is mostly gone (10-15 min.). Turn a couple of times.
3Turn heat down to med. add cream and dill and heat till just simmering, add dill and salt and pepper to taste, and dill weed.
4Add slurry of remaining water and flour, a little at a time, till slightly thickened. Taste and adjust salt and pepper. heat to simmer for a couple minutes and it is ready to serve. You are going to love this dish.!!!!