Creamy Chicken Pot Pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 - pack frozen pie crusts, thawed
- 1 c
- cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 pkg
- frozen vegetables, (broccoli, cauliflower & carrots), thawed & drain any excess liquid
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup, (campbells 10 3/4 oz.)
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp
- each: garlic powder, salt and black pepper (adjust to your own personal preference)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2In a bowl, combine the Chicken, vegetables, soups, cream, seasonings and butter. This is the filling. Check seasonings and adjust as needed, set aside until first crust gets done.
3Dock ONE pie crust with a fork and bake @ 400,8-10 mins., until golden. Do not overbake, just looking for a pretty light golden brown.
4Remove the crust, immediately add the filling, top with the second pie crust (unbaked) and carefully crimp or press the baked and raw crust together. Place on baking sheet and return to the oven, decrease the temp. to 375 degrees. Bake until the top is a beautiful crusty golden brown. This takes 20-30 mins., depending on your oven. Let stand a few mins. and serve.
5**Note, prebaking the bottom crust ensures that it will be baked through, and it decreases the time to bake by about one-half. It can certainly be baked for about an hour at 350 using 2 raw, thawed crusts.