Cranberry Cabbage Rolls for Crock Pot
Just use your grinder or blender to grind up the cooked meat you want to use or the raw- both will work for this recipe- I have even used Jimmy Dean or other sausage in the mixture- this was dinner on Sunday.
Hope you and your family enjoy this recipe.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 3/4 c
- cranberry relish or use 14 oz. can whole cranberry sauce
- 14 oz
- can petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1/4 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 lb
- (about 3 cups) ground ham or lean ground beef or other meat
- 2/3 c
- instant rice
- 1 large
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp
- allspice, ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- tequila, optional
- 1 tsp
- lime juice, optional
- savory cabbage leaves, ribs removed do not pre-cook the savory leaves
- if using regular cabbage-freeze the 12 leaves overnight-no need to cook, remove ribs, freezing makes them limp and pliable.
1In your slow cooker, combine the cranberry relish, tomatoes, onions, sugar and seasoned vinegar.
2In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, rice, allspice,garlic, allspice, salt and pepper,and tequila and lime juice. Mix well.
3Place about 1/4 of a cup of the mixture in each cabbage leaf and place seam side down in the cooker, snuggly in the sauce.
4Cook covered, until cabbage is tender and meat mixture is cooked through, on high for 5 to 6 hours or on low for 7-8 hours. Enjoy -I think you will love this.
You can make this in the oven also 350^ in 9x13 sprayed pan ,Cover with foil and bake for about 1 1/2 hours..checking to make sure meat is cooked through and cabbage is tender. Remove foil for 5 minutes of more baking time.