Chicken, Veal or Pork Schnitzel
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, or thin-cut boneless pork loin chops, or thin-cut boneless veal chops or cutlets
- salt and freshley ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour
- splash of milk or cream, beaten into
- eggs beaten (with the splash of milk or cream)
- 2 c
- plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp
- freshly ground nutmeg
- vegetable oil for frying
- lemon wedges, for serving
1If using the chicken, butterfly each breast and place between wax paper. For pork, place chops several inches apart between wax paper. For veal, if you have large, thin-cut pieces, use as is. If the veal is more than 1/4 inch thick, place between wax paper. Pound the meat until very thin.
2Season the meat with salt and pepper and dust in the flour.
3Beat the eggs and milk or cream in a large shallow dish.
4Combine the bread crumbs with the nutmeg and more salt and pepper and place on a large plate.
5Coat the meat in egg, then in crumbs.
6Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium to med-high heat with just enough oil in it to thinly coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil gets wavy looking, add the meat in a single layer and cook until golden on each side, about 3 minutes each. Transfer meat to a plate and repeat, if necessary.
7Serve the schnitzels with lemon wedges.