CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- chopped onion
- 6" corn tortillas
- garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cumin
- cans (14.5 oz. each) chicken broth
- cans (14 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 c
- corn, yellow or white, fresh, frozen or canned
- can (4 oz) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 4 tsp
- fresh chopped cilantro
- 2-4 oz
- reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2
- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, boiled 30 minutes
- ripe avocado, in thin slices
1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut tortillas into 1/2" strips using kitchen shears. Place on flat baking pan or stone. Bake 7-8 minutes or until crisp.
2Meanwhile, chop onion using food chopper. Cut chicken into 1/2" pieces. Saute' onion, add garlic. Add cooked chicken, chili powder and cumin. Stir in broth, cilantro, tomatoes, corn and chilies. Bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes.
3Divide tortilla strips among 4 bowls. Top with cheese. Ladle soup over tortilla strips. Garnish with a little sliced avocado, cilantro, cheese.