Chicken, Sweet Potatoes & Peanut Butter Soup (otherwise known as African Chicken-Peanut Soup)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- sweet potatoes (peeled & quartered or cubed)
- chicken -boneless - breasts (cooked) - cut into pieces
- red bell pepper (diced)
- fresh garlic cloves (minced) or use the equiv in minced form
- jalapeño pepper, (seeded & minced)
- 1 c
- bottled salsa
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- cans (16 oz) chicken broth
- can (15 oz) black beans (drained)
- 1/3 c
- peanut butter
- onion (chopped)
1Boil chicken breasts either in plain water or add some poultry seasoning to the water while boiling to give it more flavor. Cook until chicken is not pink and then drain and let the chicken cool. Cut up the chicken into small pieces after it's cooled.
2Place olive oil in a large pot and your cubed/diced sweet potatoes and cook them in the oil for 3 minutes.
4Stir in the chicken, salsa, ground cumin, chicken broth and black beans & bring to a boil.
5After the mixture has reached a boil, turn down the heat to a simmer. Get your 1/3 cup PB and a little bit of the soup broth & mix it together before dumping the PB into the pot. Then add that into the soup mixture. Let simmer on low for
15 -20 minutes and then serve when your ready!