Chicken Potpie (New England Style)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- egg, beaten
- 1/4 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 4 Tbsp
- whole chicken, cut into pieces
- potatoes, peeled and cubed
- onion, cleaned and chopped
- ribs celery, washed and sliced
- carrots, peeled and sliced
- handful fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- chicken bouillon cubes, optional
1NOODLES: Place flour into a bowl. Add egg, salt, baking powder, and water to flour and mix. Makes stiff dough.
2Roll dough out onto a floured board very thin. Cut into squares. Allow squares to dry for an hour or so.
3In a small stockpot, cover cut up chicken with cold water, salt and pepper, and bring to boil.
4Cook chicken completely and remove from broth; reserving broth. De- bone chicken and set meat aside.
5To the stockpot of broth add all veggies and cook until tender, (can add optional bouillon cubes, if desired)
6Add dried homemade noodles to lightly boiling broth, pushing down into broth. Cook until noodle cooked completely done. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.