Chicken Pie (Not with Vegetables, except onions)
I have made it regularly over the last thirty-nine years (WOW that’s a long time!!). It was my son’s favorite chicken pie until he became a vegetarian about 12 years ago. Now, I make a vegetable version for him. I will post my "Never-Fail" pie crust recipe or you can use an already prepared one;love a good crust
- chicken (fryer). i use 4-5 large chicken breasts
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 c
- onion, chopped
- large, boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- margarien or butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 ready-made pie crusts (or use never-fail pie crust recipe -posted with my recipes.)
IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT A CHICKEN PIE WITH SO FEW INGREDIENTS AND SO EASY TO MAKE IS THIS DELICIOUS!
*If you desire, you can cook the chicken ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze and thaw before putting the pie all together.
* I usually bake the bottom crust about 7-10 minutes before adding the chicken and liquid -this assures the crust is done and won't be soggy or gummy.
*Some people don’t like boiled eggs. These can be left out without hindering the flavor.
This is a rich and filling pie. I usually serve it with marinated cole slaw and a green vegetable. However, it is a meal in itself.