*Chicken Picadillo Chili*
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tsp
- each ground cumin and chili powder
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1 lb
- cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks or shredded
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- large onion, chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 can(s)
- mexican style tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- hot, medium or mild salsa
- 1 can(s)
- red or black beans, 16 oz, drained
- mexican or cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
1Combine cumin, chili powder, salt and cinnamon. Coat chicken evenly with seasonings. Set aside.
2Heat oil in large cooking pot over medium heat.
3Add onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4Add cooked chicken and garlic, cook about 3 minutes.
5Stir in tomatoes, corn, beans and salsa, bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
6When serving, add mexican or cheddar cheese on top along with sour cream and tortilla chips.