Chicken & Macaroni Alfredo Casserole
I love this recipe! It is very fast and simple, and I am able to re-purpose the leftovers from the day before. And the best thing about it is my 2 teenagers get their veggies and don't complain!
- leftover or cooked chicken (chopped or shredded)
- 16 oz
- elbow macaroni
- 1 jar(s)
- alfredo sauce (light)
- 1 pkg
- steamable petite sweet peas
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- onion powder (to your taste)
- salt & pepper (to your taste)
- 8 oz
- shredded mozzarella cheese (low fat)
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch
- dry parsley
1Pre-Heat the oven at 350 degrees.
2Boil Macaroni in lightly salted water. Chop or shred Chicken & steam the Sweet Peas in the microwave while the Macaroni is cooking. Drain the Macaroni and set aside.
3Put the Alfredo Sauce, chicken, sweet peas, minced garlic, onion powder, and salt & pepper in a large pot and allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes.
* Add more sauce for a richer dish.
* You may also substitute any veggie for sweet peas.
* Season to your taste.
5Stir the Macaroni into the Sauce mixture until all are coated. Pour it into a Casserole dish. Top with the Mozzarella Cheese and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese(optional) and the Dry Parsley.
6Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly brown.