Chicken Lo Mein~30 Min. Meal
This is from the Kraft Food Holiday 2004 Magazine.
"Photo and recipe provided courtesy of Kraft Food & Family magazine, www.kraftfoods.com. For more information or to sign up for a free subscription, please visit www.kraftfoods.com/magazine."
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 lb
- spaghetti, uncooked
- 1/4 c
- kraft asian toasted seame dressing
- 1 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 pkg
- (16 oz) frozen bell pepper and onion strips, thawed, drained
- 1/2 c
- fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp
- planters creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c
- of lite soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped planters cocktail peanuts
11. Cook spaghetti in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
22. Meanwhile, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; stir-fry 3 min. or just until chicken is no longer pink. Add vegetables, broth and peanut butter; stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until chicken is done.
33. Drain spaghetti; return to pan. Add chicken mixture and soy sauce; mix lightly. Spoon onto for the cilantro.
Prepare using milti-grain spaghetti and substituting 2 thinly sliced onions for the cilantro.
Spicy Chicken Lo Mein: Add 1/4 tsp., crushed red pepper to the hot dressing along with the chicken and garlic. Pork Lo Mein: Substitute 1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into strips, for the chicken and fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth for the chicken broth.
To make the lo mein easier to serve and eat, break the spaghetti in half before cooking.
I make this dish alot...alternately with beef or shrimp or chicken (it depends on what I have a taste for -- and what's on hand!), and I always use the whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles..sooo yummy!!