Chicken Lo Mein
Photo by me
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs, your own preference
- a little salt and coarse ground pepper to taste and season
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 tsp
- sesame oil, divided
- 3 (3 oz.) pkg
- oriental-flavored instant ramen noodles, reserve 2 seasoning packets (toss the 3rd one in the junk drawer)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- more sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp
- low sodium soy sauce, can sub regular but it will be quite salty
- 2 c
- coleslaw mix, packed
- hard-boiled eggs, sliced, *optional
Remove chicken from pan to cool slightly. Cut into bite-sized pieces, toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, cover and set aside. Do not drain frying pan. Add 1 1/2 Tbl. sesame oil to pan. In pot, boil 3 pkgs. Ramen noodles for 3 minutes. Drain and RINSE WELL. Drain again and add to frying pan with 2 Tbl. soy sauce, cole slaw mix, reserved chicken and 2 of the seasoning packets from noodles. Stir fry, stirring, over med-low heat for 3-5 minutes or til cabbage mix is tender and all is well mixed. Top each individual serving with sliced or chopped egg if desired. (I don't care for it, but for my hubby it's a must!) Also serve with additional soy sauce if desired.
*Do not substitute another oil for the sesame oil! That's what really makes this dish.
**Nice additions: mushrooms, pea pods, water chestnuts, cooked broccoli and baby corn ears.