Chicken fried chicken with noodles
Irisa Raina 9
You know in this world of fast food, it is nice every once in a while to slow down and enjoy some “comfort meals“ and this is just one of those dishes. I took this recipe, from my aunt on my father’s side, and tweaked it a bit. And when my husband and I sat down to dinner, well it zapped me back to her house, her kitchen and her table.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasonings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ bag “ 6 ounces “ wide egg noodles
- 25 ounce can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can french onion soup
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese “ optional “
1Pound the chicken breast to about ¼ - ½ thick.
2Put the butter & olive oil in a deep skillet and get it hot.
4Add the chicken to the bag one piece at a time. Shake off any excess flour.
6Once the chicken is browned remove it to a plate.
8Add the egg noodles and cook according to package directions
11Check for seasonings “ salt & pepper “ and add more if necessary.