Chicken Enchilada Pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 c
- cubed or sliced cooked turkey or chicken
- 26 oz
- can of creme of chicken soup, lower sodium or home made
- 4 oz cans, diced green chilies
- 26 oz
- can green enchilada sauce or home made tomatillo salsa
- 16 oz
- sour creme, fat free
- 16 oz
- asadero or monterey jack cheese, or manchango, shredded
- onions, finely chopped
- 12 large
- flour tortillas or soft corn tort.
- 1 tsp
- mrs. dash southwest chipolte
- salt & pepper to taste
1In a sauce pan warm creme chicken soup, sour creme, green enchilada sauce& green chilies, & Mrs. Dash. If sauce is too thick after heating, add a little water or milk to thin it. You don't want it runny or it will make the dish soupy. Spray bottom & sides of 2 2qt. baking dishes or cast iron skillets with non-stick spray. Pour just enough sauce to barely coat bottom of pan.
NOTE: You can make your own cream sauce using a butter/flour roux and adding home made chicken stock and a little milk. Also make your own tomatillo salsa to reduce the sodium.
2Cut flour tortilla's into 8 pcs. each. Layer bottom of pan with tortillas. Place generous amount of turkey or chicken on top, layer with cheese, and sauce.
3Place another layer of tortillas, cheese, and sauce, then remainder of cheese & onion. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes-1 hr. until cheese is melted & bubbly. If cheese isnt' browned on top, place under broiler for apprx. 5 min.Top with salsa or red pepper flakes.