Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 3 Tbsp
- olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 c
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 c
- chopped sweet onion(i like vidalias)
- 2-3 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp
- kosher or sea salt
- 28 oz
- can(or boxed as i use now) of whole tomatoes(which is 3 1/2 cups),undrained and chopped
- 15 oz
- can(or boxed as i use now) of tomato sauce(it is about 1 3/4 cups of sauce)
1Cook pasta according to box directions,drain.
2In a large saucepan( like a 5-6 qt one) heat oil on medium-high heat and add chicken.
3Cook until browned a bit...making sure it is done inside...about 10-12 minutes.
4Push cooked chicken to one side of the pan.
5Add mushrooms,onions,garlic,bay leaf,rosemary and salt.
6Cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently.
7Add tomatoes with juice and tomato sauce and heat to boiling.
8Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes stirring frequently.
9Discard bay leaf and toss hot pasta with the sauce.