Chicken and Pasta with Summer Vegetables
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- chicken breasts (i've used bone in, skin on and baked it, then deskinned and deboned it and boneless and skinless and sauted it and i've used leftover chicken)
- zucchini, diced
- yellow summer squash, diced
- red pepper, diced
- 2 cups
- chicken broth (more if you like it saucier)
- 2 tsp
- chopped garlic (more or less to taste)
- 3 c
- cooked pasta of your choice, i like bow ties
- large basil leaves, i use my kitchen scissors and cut it up right into the pan
- large handful parmesan or pecorino romano cheese (more or less to taste)
- lemon, juice of
- 1 Tbsp
- corn starch mixed with a bit of cold water
- salt and pepper to taste
1Prepare the chicken (bake 3 bone-in, skin-on breasts at 350 for about an hour, cool, remove skin and bone OR saute 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR use leftover chicken) and cut into bite size pieces.
2Dice zucchini, yellow squash, and red pepper. Melt and heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in large frying pan or wok. Saute the vegetables until tender. Add the garlic and saute for 3 more minutes.
3Add chicken broth and heat until liquid is starting to bubble. Add the corn starch and cold water and stir. (Add more if you want the sauce thicker.) Add the lemon juice.
4Add the basil, chicken, and pasta and heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle with cheese and stir. Serve with some cheese sprinkled on top.