Chicken Alla Romana
This is how my mom (Romana) made her chicken cutlets. Oh so good!!
- thin sliced boneless skinless chicken cutlets
- 1/2 c
- salt free seasoned bread crumbs
- handfuls of grated cheese (i use parmesan)
- handfuls of potato flakes
- 1 Tbsp
- ev olive oil plus enough to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- 4 clove
- garlic minced
- 1 can(s)
- 14 oz diced italian herb tomatoes
- 1/3 c
- white wine
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 4 or 5 leaves of fresh basil (fresh works best)
1In a shallow plate combine breadcrumbs, cheese and potato flakes.
2Spray each chicken piece front and back with either pam or olive oil in a mister.
3Dredge chicken into breadcrumb mixture and coat both sides.
4Coat the bottom of a non stick skillet with olive oil on medium heat add the chicken and cook both sides through and until golden brown. About 3 minutes each side for thin cutlets. You'll have to cook them in batches. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
5In the same pan add a tablespoon of olive oil and garlic until it just starts to get golden add red pepper flake and then add about a 1/3 cup of white wine. Finally add the tomatoes and basil. Cook for a few minutes stirring until sauce slightly thickens.
6Put each cutlet in a plate, spoon sauce over cutlets and serve.
7I usually make garlic bread and a salad with this.