Cheesy Mexican butter stuffed chicken
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 cup each diced onion and poblano chili
- 1/4 cup each diced red bell pepper and jalapeno
- two cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin and dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons each cream cheese and unsalted butter, cubed and softened
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh lime zest
- four boneless skinless chicken breast, 6 to 7 ounces each
Pound chicken breast to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick one at a time inside a resealable plastic bag with 1 teaspoon water using the smooth side of a mallet. Place the bag on a kitchen towel to cushion the chicken during pounding. Avoid pounding breasts too thin to prevent holes or torn edges.
Stuff chicken breast by placing a quarter of the filling in the center of each pounded breast. Fold the end over the filling tucking the sides then continue rolling until the filling is covered. Tightly wrap the stuffed breasts in plastic wrap and repeat stuffing and wrapping with remaining breasts. Chill breasts at least one hour or as long as overnight, or freeze just until firm.