Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Pasta Bake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1 -2 inch pieces
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 - 2 tsp. salt
- 24 oz
- pasta shells (not small and also not the ones used for stuffing)
- 1 1/2 lb
- florets of broccoli crowns = 3 - 4 crowns
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup, condensed
- 1 1/2
- soup cans full of milk
- 16 oz
- velveeta cheese, cubed
- 16 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated
11) Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Butter or grease two 3 quart baking dishes, set aside.
3) Start heating the water for the pasta.
4) Cut chicken into 1 - 2 inch pieces.
5) Heat a large skillet or large pot with cooking oil to med. high; add chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cook until slightly browned, stirring occasionally.
6) At this time the water should be at a rapid boil so add the pasta, you may add salt to the water if desired. Pasta should be al dente so do not cook more then 5 - 6 min, drain and set aside.
7) In the meantime while chicken is browning, cut the broccoli florets off steams and then in half, rinse and set aside.
8) Open cans, set aside.
9) Cube Velveeta, set aside.
10) Grate sharp cheddar cheese, set aside.
11) Once the chicken is browned add; soup, milk, Velveeta and stir until no lumps remain.
12) Turn off heat, stir in broccoli and shells. KEEP IN MIND all of the above ingredients may not fit and you may need to transfer it to a larger pot to stir.
13) Once stirred together divide mixture and pour into the baking dishes, sprinkle with cheese, bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Enjoy!