Cajun Chicken Pasta
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- emeril's brand seasoning or other cajun seasoning brand
- green onions, sliced
- roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c
- heavy cream, or half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- hot sauce, if desired
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, for browning chicken
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- cornstarch, for thickening sauce
- pasta (bowtie or penne)
1Season chicken lightly on all sides with cajun seasoning.
2In heavy skillet, brown chicken in a small amount of oil and butter.
3Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and green onions. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside.
4Add heavy cream (or half and half). Add oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, and hot sauce and additional cajun seasoning to taste, if desired.
5To thicken sauce: Make a slurry of cornstarch and water (2 tablespoons cornstarch to 4 tablespoons of water). Add to saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil for one minute, reduce heat.
6Serve over pasta.