Busy Day Chicken Marinara
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt & pepper
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped (i used a yellow one)
- ½ med. onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chunky tomato pasta sauce (i used homemade, but ragu will work, too)
- grated parmesan cheese (for serving)
- chopped parsley or a sprig of basil for garnish
1Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper; set aside.
2Lightly spray a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
3Pour ½ of sauce into slow cooker, followed by half the bell pepper, onion and garlic.
4Next, add all the chicken thighs; add the other half of the bell pepper, onion and garlic, followed by the remaining marinara sauce.
5Cover and cook on 4½ hours.
6Serve over any pasta you like sprinkled with grated parmesan, with a green vegetable or a crisp green salad, a glass of red and garlic bread to round out your meal.