Balsamic Chicken with Smashed Potatoes
Anna De Bar
- 6 slice
- of lean bacon, snipped into strips with scissors
- boneless chicken breasts or 1 4 lb chicken cut into pieces
- 1 lb
- shallots thinly sliced.
- bulb of garlic, medium sized, roughly chopped (or a little less if you like)
- cup balsamic vinegar
- cup water
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- smashed red potatoes
- 5 lb
- red potatoes cut in 1/2 with skins on
- package of low-fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/3 c
- skim milk
- salt/fresh pepper
Cook bacon in a deep skillet over low heat until crisp. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate. Reserve the bacon fat in the skillet.
Boil the potatoes until just tender and drain.
Add the cream cheese, salt, pepper and milk and, using a hand masher, break up the pieces. (I like to leave it a little chunky to give it a rustic feel)
Stir lightly to combine