Bahamian Jerk Chicken
Jerk spiced chicken with a quick sweet and sour pineapple sauce.
Optional for serving/garnish: steamed rice/fresh salad, red pepper/chili flakes, cilantro/coriander.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1 tablespoon jamaican jerk seasoning (hot or to taste)
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (may substitute white vinegar)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tablespoons corn starch + 2 tablespoons cold water
Add crushed pineapple, garlic, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and ⅔ cup water to a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
In a small bowl whisk together corn starch and cold water until dissolved.
Add to boiling sauce and stir.
Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer while you prepare the chicken.
Sprinkle Jamaican jerk seasoning over both sides of each chicken breast and use your fingers to rub the seasoning into the chicken.
Drizzle a large pan or skillet with oil over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
Serve with fresh salad or over rice with the pineapple sauce and chopped cilantro.
For a spicy kick, sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.