Aunt Dee's Lemon-Garlic Chicken Pasta
- 8-10 clove
- garlic (large) finely chopped
- 1/4 lb
- 2 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 c
- lemon juice (fresh squeezed & strained is best)
- 1/4 c
- sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp
- white (optional) or black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 c
- half & half
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 lb
- boneless siknless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon pepper
- 1 lb
- angel hair pasta or bow ties
- substitute margarine for butter and whole or 2% milk for half & half.
- however, the sauce will not be as creamy or may need more cornstqrch to thicked to a sauce consistency.
- whole wheat pastas may also be used.
CHICKEN & PASTA
Cut butter into 1 tbs size pats.
Saute garlic in butter until tender & very lightly browned.
Lower heat and simmer for 45 minutes covered or until tomatoes are soft.
(Note: If you use sun dried tomatoes in oil, just bring to a boil. It will alter the flavor. I like both.)
1) Make it ahead of time to thoroughly cool the sauce. Pour milk mixture into cooled sauce and mix well with a whisk. On medium heat, stir constantly until sauce thickens at boiling point.
2) Let Lemon-Garlic sauce cool for 15-20 minutes. Pour milk mixture into another saucepan. On medium heat, mix for several minutes to take the chill off the milk. Next, ladle the Lemon-Garlic sauce into the saucepan with the milk mixture stirring constantly. (DO NOT rush! Putting too much hot liquid to quickly into the milk mixture will cause the milk to curdle.)