Featured Pinch Tips Video
- mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 5 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 2-1/2 c
- half and half or whole milk
- 1/2 tsp
- dash of pepper
- 1/8 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1-1/2 c
- cooked long grain rice (i use uncle ben's converted rice, not instant)
- 1 c
- shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 c
- cooked, cubed chicken or turkey
- 10 oz
- package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
2Sauté mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of the butter in medium-sized saucepan for 2 minutes. Remove mushrooms to bowl and set aside.
3Melt remaining butter in saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in half-and-half, salt, pepper and nutmeg until well blended. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
4Remove from heat.
5Stir in the egg yolk. Set sauce aside.
6Combine rice and half the cheese in medium-sized bowl. Add the turkey (or chicken), mushrooms and spinach. Toss to mix.
7Spoon rice mixture into prepared casserole dish.
8Pour sauce over the rice. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
9Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly hot.