Yankee Pot Roast with Beer
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- chuck roast or round bone roast or 7 bone roast
- 1 can(s)
- (small) beer, my favorite for cooking is mississippi mud brand
- 3 Tbsp
- organic raw butter or european butter
- fine sea salt or fine kosher salt to taste
- mixture of pepper freshly grounded
- oregon mytle leaf or bay leaf (optional)
- flour for drudging and making gravy
- 1 large
- onion, minced
- garlic clove, minced
- freshly grated nutmeg (just a pinch)
- 1 Tbsp
- good olive oil
- bag of green beans
- garlic powder to taste (optional)
- peeled potatoes and carrots enough to serve 6
In a dutch oven, melt the butter and add the 1 Tblsp. of olive oil. On high heat brown the roast on both sides. Add the garlic clove.
Pour the beer down the sides and add the Myrtle leaf or bay leaf (optional) to the beer. Return to high heat until the beer begins to boil. Turn down to med. low and cover with the lid ever so slightly a jar.
Cook roast until almost tender and turn it. A good Yankee Pot Roaste must stick to the bottom once. Add more beer if needed. Add potatoes and carrots and cook all until tender.
Slice roast, place on large serving plater and pour a litte gravy on top. Add the potatoes and carrot place on the serving plate around the roast. Serve.