1This goes in the oven so try to use a fry pan that is stove top to oven friendly. If not put in a baking dish before step 5.
21. Crumble & Brown ground beef. While beef is browning rough chop peppers, not to fine you want hunks in the dish. Also boil rice – (I used 2 bags of success boil in bag brown rice – it’s quick for this recipe)
32. Once ground beef is browned (drain if necessary but if using 10% fat there should be no grease) - use med low flame - add the diced peppers and let them get softer but not mushy. Al dente is good. Add black pepper, garlic powder, sea salt and Italian seasoning. Stir together.
43. While peppers are softening drain rice, then add to ground beef mixture, mix together
54. Next add marinara sauce and sour cream to mixture. Mix together. Take off the stove and sprinkle with the shredded Swiss cheese – coat well – (if you don’t like Swiss use another but try to keep it mild)
65. Put in 400 degree oven top rack for 20- 25 minutes or until cheese browns a bit.