tri-tip with Rosemary garlic vegetables
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- two garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- one beef tri-tip roast 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 small red potatoes, halved
- two medium red, yellow or green bell peppers, cut into eighths
- two medium sweet onions, cut into 1 inch wedges
1preheat oven to 425°. Wash hands. Mix garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Press half of the mixture onto the beef. Wash hands.
2Mix remaining seasoning mixture with oil and vegetables in a large bowl; toss.
Place beef on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Add vegetables to the pan. Roast, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes for medium rare. Internal temperature should read 135°., or 40 to 45 minutes for medium, internal temperature should read 150°.
3Transfer beef to a platter; tent with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes. Internal temperature will continue to rise about 10°. Increase oven temperature to 475° remove peppers from the pan. Continue roasting potatoes and onions for 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Makes 6 to 8 servings.