Thai Spicy Beef With Spinach, Mushroom & Potato
It's best if left to marinate overnight.
Hope that you will enjoy this tasty dish.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb filet of beef, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce, thai
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 cilantro roots, chopped coarsley
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped coarsley
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, diced, peeled
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup mixed mushrooms, thickly slice
- 4 scallions, chopped coarsley
- 1 cup spinach leaves, baby
- 4 cups rice, steamed, hot
1Cut the beef into thick slices.
2Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, 1 tbsp oil, cilantro roots, peppercorns, garlic and sugar into a food processor and process into a thick paste.
3Coat the beef in the thick paste, cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge overnight.
4Do not discard the marinade.
5Heat the oil in wok.
6Remove the beef from marinade, reserve marinade and cook the beef in the wok for 5 - 10 minutes until well browned.
7Next add the reserved marinade, the potatoes and the water, slowly bring to a boil.
8Simmer 6 - 10 minutes until potatoes are tender.
9Now add the mushrooms, scallions and spinach simmer gently for 5 minutes.
10Serve immediately with steamed rice.