Standing Rib Roast w/Garlic Horseradish Crust
Rose Mary Mogan
So I opted to use what I had on hand without going to the store. My solution was to use Penzeys Bavarian Seasoning, a blend of crushed brown mustard, rosemary, garlic thyme,bay leaves & sage.
I also used steak seasoning instead of kosher salt & the coarse ground black pepper, because it was all included in the steak seasoning.
It ended up being just as flavorful as my original recipe, but with slightly different ingredients.
My neighbor Gayle said it was one of the best prime Ribs they had ever eaten.
- 6- 8 lb
- standing rib roast ( mine weighed 8 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- bavarian seasoning (or use dried rosemary)
- 2 tsp
- dried thyme
- 10 clove
- garlic minced (use less if you prefer)
- 1/2 c
- steak seasoning or use (1/4 c.coarse black pepper & 1/2 c kosher salt)
- 1/3 c
- fresh horseradish (refrigerated section)
- 1/2 c
- olive oil ( i used the extra virgin)
Put roast into roasting pan with the bone side down. Using the bone as a rack for the roast.