Spicy Spanish rice stuffed peppers
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 8 - 10 peppers (depending on size) tops removed, rinsed and cored .. ( you can use green, yellow or red peppers)
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 1/2 cups precooked liptons spanish rice*
- 1 pkg liptons dry onion soup mix
- 1 large egg
- 1-3 small jalapeno peppers diced small ( you decide how many for how hot tasting you want it)
- 1 15oz can diced italian tomatoes ( in seperate med. pot cook to near boiling with tomato sauce set aside)
- 1 lrg can tomato sauce(cooked with tomatoes holding back 1/4 cup )
- salt / pepper to taste
- 8 oz bag shredded taco or colby jack cheese for topping of peppers
1In large bowl mix together ground beef and pork until blended. Add dry onion soup mix, egg , diced jalapeno peppers, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, precooked rice, salt/pepper (to taste) ... mix together all ingredients
2With knife poke a couple holes in bottom of each pepper to allow grease to run out. Fill each pepper to top with meat mixture. In preheated 325 degree oven place stuffed peppers in roaster / baking dish sprayed lightly with non stick cooking spray with about 1/3 cup of water. Bake for approx 25 minutes or until meat begins to brown ..remove from oven and with baster remove any excess grease from pan then generously spoon over each pepper with tomato mixture .. pour remaining tomato mixture around peppers... return to oven for additional 20-25 minutes .. remove from oven and spoon cheese (of your choice) over each pepper and return to oven for addtional 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted.
3* any remaining rice left over can be scattered about roasting pan over the tomato mixture.
Suggestion: Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetable of your choice.
Note: leftover peppers and sauce can be frozen