Piccadillo and White Rice
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 pound groud beef (lean)
- 1 1/4 t cumin
- 1 1/4 t oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion chopped small
- 1 c tomato sauce
- 3/4 c beef broth
- 1 large green pepper chopped small
- 3 small potatoes peeled and cut into small pieces
- green olives, pitted and halved (about 10 to 20 depending on taste)
- salt and pepper
- onion powder and garlic powder
- cooked white rice
1In a large pan, cook onions, peppers and garlic in olive oil until softened.
2Mix together beef, salt pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, and oregano.
3Now add the beef mixture and stir together. Then add the beef broth and tomato sauce and combine.
4Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5Toss in the potatoes and cover pan again, cook until potatoes are fork tender.
6Now add olives and cook uncovered until most of the liquid is absorbed.
7Serve over cooked white rice with a side of plantains and cuban bread