Featured Pinch Tips Video
- new york steak, fat trimmed (1-1 1/2” thick cuts )
- 1 Tbsp
- 1-2 tsp
- montreal steak seasoning
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, cold
- 2 sprig(s)
- thyme, leaves
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
11. Rinse steaks and pat them dry.
22. Add 1 1/2tsp Worcestershire to the one side.
33. Add half of the seasoning and press down.
44. Flip the steak and add the remaining Worcestershire and seasoning.
55. All to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
66. Preheat oven to 400f.
77. Place a cast iron pan or stainless (oven safe) pan (NOT NON STICK!), over medium high heat.
88. Drizzle the olive oil onto the steak and flip to get all sides coated.
99. When the pan is super hot (add a few drops of water to it. If they dance around and evaporate almost immediately then you’re good!) add the steaks. DO NOT FLIP yet.
1010. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until a good crust forms.
1111. Flip over and immediately shut off the heat.
1212. Working fast add the sprigs of thyme and pats of butter on top.
1313. Put the pan into the oven.