Mediterranean Steak Sandwiches
Ever feel like a nice steak sandwich for dinner? Maybe with a nice bowl of soup??
This is the sandwich... hearty, beefy, cheesy, and as easy as can be.
The flavor? OUTTA THIS WORLD!!!
- smallish thin steaks
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano
- 6 Tbsp
- olive oil divided
- 3 Tbsp
- red wine (if you don't have any wine or prefer not to use wine, a citrus will do just fine, think lemon, lime juice)
- large onion ciabatta hoagie rolls
- 1 large
- red onion sliced
- 9 oz
- fresh spinach ( 1 bag)
- 3/4 c
- mediterranean herbed feta cheese (could use plain)
- 6 slice
- fontina cheese (cut into 3 strips per slice)
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded mozzeralla cheese
- 1 clove
- garlic crushed/pressed
- pinch of salt & pepper
Brush 2 tbls of olive oil on rolls. *Hoagie rolls are longer rolls and come in various flavors*.
Place rolls on your grill face down, when you have a nice grill mark on the rolls, take off the grill, set aside.
The steaks should be ready now, take them out of the oven and set them aside.
To the bottom of the hoagie roll add your grilled onions, top with sauteed spinach. Add your herbed feta cheese.