Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- additional italian seasoning
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce, warmed
Place meatballs on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Reduce heat to 350*.
On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spoon a third of the meatballs,sauce, and mozzarella cheese down the center of each rectangle. Fold dough over filling; press edges firmly to seal.
Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Brush tops with egg white; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Let stand for 15-30 minutes. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 3 calzones (4 servings each).