Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 c
- canola oil
- all-beef weenies (hot dogs)
- 2 Tbsp
- onion, julienned
- red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- hot dog buns, warmed
- sliced jalapenos (4 per hot dog)
- jalapeno based nacho cheese
- habanero sauce, 1/8 teaspoon per dog (more or less, your heat preference)
- homemade chili sauce, or store-bought
- cole slaw, diced with carrots, mayonnaise, salt and pepper
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- shredded cheese
1Pour the oil into pan and let it get real hot. Once hot, add hot dogs and deep-fry.
2In another pan, melt the butter, then add the onions and bell peppers, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste. Saute until translucent.
3On a warm bun, add the fried weenie. Put some of the jalapenos and 1/2-ounce of nacho cheese over the weenie, then top with habanero sauce, followed by some of the sauteed peppers and onions. Top with chili sauce, 1 squeeze of mustard, 1 tablespoon of cole slaw mixture, and sprinkle lightly with lettuce and diced tomatoes. Top with some of the shredded cheese. Repeat with the remaining hot dogs and toppings.