Ginger Snap Pot Roast
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 lb
- piece of pot roast "i use whatever is on sale"
- 2 c
- enough flour to roll meat in and salt & pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- enough oil in bottom of large pot to brown meat in
- 2 medium
- onions chopped and held on side
- 1 c
- ketchup "whatever brand you like"
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 3/4 c
- white vinegar
- 1 bag(s)
- gingersnap cookies
***Please use care while doing this step as I have watched my mom turning the meat over and it fell off the fork and splashed the oil on her face***
Add 2 Tbls brown sugar
Add 1 cup ketchup
***I skim the onions our so as we don't have to dirty another pot to collect the juice use your own judgement***
Put water back into pot and add gingersnap cookies.
Remember, more water means more gingersnaps to make it thicker.
I usually throw in at least one package depending how much water there is.
They can be crushed or whole as they will dissolve after a few minutes.