Fried Cabbage and Corned Beef
The cook time on this recipe is more of a long term simmer, over a long period of time.
- 2 can(s)
- canned corned beef (preferably Libby)
- 2 - 4
- heads of cabbage (chopped into bite size squares)
- 1 stick
- butter (or 4 tablespoons of country crock butter)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- salt (do not over salt, corned beef is salty too!)
- 1 Tbsp
- black pepper
- 2 box
- Jiffy corn muffin mix (mix and bake cornbread or muffins as directed)
Taste test it to make sure you have just the right amount of **salt (I really do not us very much salt, since the Canned Corned Beef is pretty salty.), pepper and sugar. The taste should be more cabbage flavor than seasonings.
**The only reason I add some salt to the cabbage as it is cooking is the salt helps pull excess water out of the cabbage.**
Once the cornbread is done it is dinner time. Enjoy!!