French Onion Beef and Stuffing, A Crock Pot Recipe
The French Onion soup makes the beef delicious and it gets so tender from the slow cooking. Our family loves it.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2-2 lb
- boneless beef round steak or similar cut of beef
- 1 c
- fresh, sliced mushrooms or 1 large can of drained sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium
- onions, sliced
- 1 can(s)
- (10-11 ounces) condensed french onion soup
- 1 pkg
- (6 ounces) stove top stuffing mix, herb flavor
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- shredded gruyère, swiss, or mozzarella cheese
Layer first 3 ingredients in crock pot in the following order: half of beef, half of mushrooms, half of onions, repeat layers. Pour soup over everything in crock pot and cook, covered, on low heat for 8-10 hours.
Pour stuffing mixture on top of meat mixture. Cover crock pot and turn to high. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until stuffing mix has cooked and is hot.
Sprinkle cheese over stufing mix. Cover again and continue to cook on high for 10 minutes or unfil cheese melts. Serve immediately.