French Bread Pizza
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- tube pillsbury french bread dough (next to the pizza crust roll in the cooler section.)
- 8 oz
- 96% lean ground beef (i find this at walmart - 4 gr fat per 4 oz serving)
- 14 1/2 oz
- can of fire roasted tomatoes (drained and lightly squeezed dry)
- 1 small
- can of sliced mushrooms, drained very well
- 1 c
- frozen pepper and onion blend
- 1 jar(s)
- ragu homestyle pizza sauce
- 24 slice
- hormel turkey pepperoni
- 3/4 c
- kraft fat free cheddar cheese - shredded
- 3/4 c
- kraft 2% mozzarella cheese - shredded
1preheat oven to 400*. while oven is heating, start frying the ground beef and peppers/onions blend together.
2while beef is browning, drain tomatoes and mushrooms, and open french bread tube.
3spray a large cookie sheet with pan spray, and CAREFULLY find the edge of the bread roll (it looks like a "seam"). unroll the bread and lay it on your baking sheet. you may have to "patch a hole or two", or stretch the dough gently to fit your pan.
4pour the pizza sauce over the dough, then start layering the ingredients, sprinkling the fire-roasted tomatoes, and mushrooms over the whole pizza evenly.
5take the two shredded cheeses and pour them into a bowl together. mix them up with your hands, then top pizza (this seems to distribute the fat/nonfat cheese more evenly, and the melt on the pizza is good).
6bake for 15 minutes and cut into 12 large pieces to enjoy! the count for this pizza per slice is: 165 calories, 3.5 grams fat, 19 grams total carbs! serve with a side salad and feel like you've splurged...