Freezer Swiss Steak
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried mustard
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh top ssirloin or tenderlized round steak, cut into 4 oz portions
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 can whole tomatoes, 16 oz. drained land coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup beef broth, canned or prepared with bouillon
1In large skillet, heat 3 Tbsp. butter. In medium bowl, mix 1/4 cup flour, salt and dried mustard. use mixture to dust steaks.
2Fry steaks in butter to medium doneness, roughly 8 to 10 minute on each side. Remove steaks to a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. butter to skillet and saute on ins and pepper til tender. Add remaining 2 Tbsp. flour to form a paste. Add drained tomatoes, and beef broth and bring to ab oil, allow sauce to thicken.Simmer for about 10 minutes. Pour over steaks. Cover and freeze
3Thaw in refrigerator or microwave. Preheat oven to 350. Cover and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 15 minutes.