Irisa Raina 9
And if you line the baking dish with parchment...NO CLEAN UP...
As for the 7UP I put that in to balance the heat. It’s not a Mexican ingredient but it really adds something to the sauce.
You can add water, beef/vegetable broth or even beer.
Serve with refried beans and Spanish rice.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- for the filling:
- 1 & ½ to 2 pounds of ground chuck 80/20
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 or 4 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 red, orange, yellow sweet pepper
- 2 large onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 - 27 ounce can mexican tomato sauce
- 1 -1o ounce can red gold diced tomatoes & chili
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 – 12 ounce can 7 up
- 1 cube of mexican chocolate grated
- large tortillias in any flavor
FOR THE SAUCE:
2In the same pan brown the chuck with the oregano, salt and garlic, and drain off any grease.
4Taste for seasonings “ salt “
6TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
8Cook the sauce on low till it is really thick.
11Let it cool.
12TO ASSEMBLE THE ENCHILADA’S: