Electric skillet meatloaf and veggies
I can't remember where I got this recipe, but have been making it for many years. The caramelized meatloaf and veggies are always a big hit. Hope you'll try it!!
- 1 1/2-2 lb
- your favorite meatloaf recipe (or see below for mine)
- 1 lb
- washed peeled or unpeeled potatoes cut into bite size
- 1 lb
- baby carrots or peeled carrots cut into about 1 inch lengths (baby carrots seem to work better though)
- 1 medium
- onion cut into thick strips
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarine (if using butter, add about a tbs oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
1make your favorite meatloaf mixture or take 2lbs lean ground beef, about 1/4 cup ketchup or BBQ sauce (more or less to taste), 1 egg, about 1/4 to 1/2c bread crumbs, 1 sm. chopped onion, 1/2c chopped green pepper and 1-2 cloves minced garlic. season to taste with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and rosemary. For an extra punch...add a 1/4tsp red pepper. Mix to combine. Form into round shape. (I just use the mixing bowl)
2prepare the potatoes, carrots and onions. Melt the butter in a large electric skillet set to 250 degrees. When hot, add the meatloaf to the center of the pan. Surround with the veggie. Season veggies liberally with salt,pepper and garlic powder.
3Place the lid on the skillet. Then just walk away. Allow the meatloaf to cook about 45 min. or until desired doneness.
4This also works well with 1 can cut green beans.