Drema's "Beef Salad Vinaigrette'
The secret to using this in a new dish depends on how long you have to marinate in a zesty sauce before serving again. It really needs abouat 3 hours to marinate so plan accordingly.
It's really pretty when served alongside marinated vege's, tomato wedges, sliced boil eggs, gherkin whole baby pickles.
Hope to post a ppic next time I make.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 c
- pot roast, leftovers, sliced in julienne strips or thin slices
- 6 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- black pepper, coarse ground
- 4 tsp
- dijon style prepared mustard
- 1 c
- olive or salad oil
- 4 Tbsp
- capers, coarsley chopped (optional)
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced or pressed (dehydrated works also)
- 6 Tbsp
- parsley, minced finely (dehydrated flakes works also)
- tomatoes, peeled and wedged or sliced thick
- 1 c
- gherkins, sweet whole baby
- eggs, hard boiled, sliced thick
- 2 large
- red onions, sliced
- toasted, hot french bread (optional)
- cold beer (optional)
1This recipe is assuming your roast has been cooked and cooled. Slice in thin strips or slices. Keep meat together in one slab. Trim any excess unwanted fat. Place in storage container as this will be refrigerated with marinade below.
2In small mixing bowl combine vinegar, salt, pepper, mustard. Whisk in the oil until mixture is well blended. (It will separate - ok) Add in capers, garlic and half the parsley. Whisk briskly again and pour over meat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnite.
3When ready to serve, remove meat from fridge and drain marinade off. (If desired place romaine or curly lettuce on large shallow serving platter.
Place meat in the center of a large shallow serving platter.
Place the following items around sides and back of meat: tomato wedges, red onion slices, gherkins and hard boiled egg slices. Sprinkle remaining parsley over all. Serve with hot toasted frech bread slices and cold beer!
You can adjust yoour servings. This serves approximately 8.